- Vehicle Servicing & Repairs Peterborough UK
- +44 01733 302304
“Getting it right, first time!”
Tel: 01733 302304
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced HGV Technician at our commercial vehicle workshop in Peterborough.
£13.50-£17.00 per hour basic. Paid weekly. Benefits include HGV License, overtime pay & bonus monthly.
Irtec/ATA Accreditation training throughout.
Reporting to the Service Manager, technicians will take full responsibility for their area of work and will be happy to work unsupervised on all makes and models of customer’s vehicles and trailers. Diagnostic and technical experience is a distinct advantage.
A HGV Licence will help but is not necessary. If no HGV license is held and the employee is a success there will be an opportunity after 6 months to obtain one.
You will be joining a growing family business that is dynamic, forward thinking and highly motivated to provide one of the best customer experiences in the Cambridgeshire area.
You will be part of a team of highly qualified technicians and your main duties will include:
- Carry out service, maintenance and repair of all types of vehicles and trailers.
- Diagnose and rectify all types of faults.
- MOT preparation.
- Attend disabled vehicles at the roadside.
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises.
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts.
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to.
- Conform to all customer site requirements & regulations.
- Ensure appropriate clocking is made and all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Maintain thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses.
- Education and/or Experience
- Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ level 3 qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining vehicles.
- Valid Driving License
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks.
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
- Must be flexible in hours and approach.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday between 8.30am to 5pm. Overtime is available and you must have your own tools.
To be considered for our positions you must have worked in the motor trade within the last two years in a similar role.